Italy-Swiss: Eurail pass + Swiss flexi pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2011 at 22:08:02 #804755

Hello, I need some help.. From all the readings, I’m getting kind of confuse.

I’ll be getting Eurail Select Pass for: Italy, switzerland, France, united kingdom.

My qn: from Milan-Lucerne. Could I use the Eurail pass without purchasing any swiss pass?

The few places I’ll be visiting in Swiss: Lucerne, interlaken(jungfrau perhaps).travelling in dec 19-23. Advisable to go up jungfrau?

Is Swiss pass necessary or required?

My next stop will be to Swiss- Paris. Any recommendation on how I can plan my 4 days in Swiss?

Thanks alot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2011 at 6:40:55 #834398

There is no select pass that covers the United Kingdom.
    The select pass will cover Milan to Luzern however you will have to purchase seat reservations.
    The Jungfrau trip is open year round. You will get a slight discount using your Eurail Pass
    Dick

Annika
    7103 posts
    26 October 2011 at 7:53:18 #834399

Hi Purpleglitz, and welcome! You could consider a 3 country Eurail Select Pass. A link to an overview of what’s covered in Switzerland can be found at the Eurail Select Pass page. You don’t have to buy an additional Swiss Pass in that case.

As for planning your trip: the Swiss timetable will come in handy. It allows you to find details on nearly all trips to, from and in Switzerland. When getting up to the Jungfrau (or another viewing point), make sure that weather is clear by checking weather forecasts before leaving.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2011 at 10:43:42 #834400

I’ll be in Switzerland for 4 days. Travelling from Milan. I would like to take scenic train but doesn’t know which one is more suitable. Is it possible to take scenic train to and fro? Example: destination A-B, den B-A on the same day? Any suggestion how I could spend my time in Switzerland? The only place I thought of visiting will be jungfrau and interlaken. After switzerland, I will be taking train to Paris. Anyone could suggest some itinerary?

Annika
    7103 posts
    29 October 2011 at 11:08:31 #834401

Hi Purpleglitz. Yes, you can take (part of) a scenic route both ways on one day, but generally it’s nicer to travel different routes. After entering from Milan, you could either get to Brig or Zermatt and travel part of the Glacier Express route, for example to Andermatt or Chur. Your next stop could be Zurich or Lucerne, before traveling onto Interlaken to visit the Jungfraujoch. Another option would be to get to Lugano or Locarno from Milan, take the William Tell Express to Lucerne, and then continue your trip to Interlaken. When heading back for Paris, you may want to travel via Montreux and Geneva, using the Golden Pass panoramic for the Swiss leg of your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2011 at 11:28:07 #834402

hi, thanks for the help. So i could use my select pass when in switzerland? or is it necessary to get a swiss pass?

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 October 2011 at 2:59:38 #834403

Hi Purpleglitz. Sure you can use your Eurail Select Pass. Just follow the link Annika gave you to see what’s covered. It’s different from the Swiss Pass so it would be good to take a look at that beforehand.

• The thread ‘Italy-Swiss: Eurail pass + Swiss flexi pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.