By train from Italy to Paris via Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 18:30:18 #811892

Hello,

We are planning our honeymoon for March 2018. I am seeking advice on taking the Bernina Express from Tirano to Chur, and then train on to Paris. I am looking for information on timing/schedules, and where to stay 1 or 2 nights along the way. Given it will be winter, what will the schedule be and what will be open? Any thoughts on how best to do this would be appreciated! Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2017 at 12:21:45 #863591

Hi Akthede,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The schedules for next year will become available by mid/late October. But you can check schedules for this year to get an idea of the options. The links below help you out:

Personally I’d stay in or near St. Moritz as it might still be snowy there in March, and you’ll be surrounded by mountains. Next, you can take a regular train to Chur. Switch for Zurich there, and finally switch to the TGV Lyria train to Paris.

• The thread ‘By train from Italy to Paris via Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.