Italy to Switzerland to Paris – rail pass options?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2017 at 18:19:43 #813127

Hi, I am planning with my wife to travel in early or mid Oct from Singapore to Italy to Switzerland to Paris, then back to Singapore.

Italy, 4 days for Cinque Terre, maybe Pisa, Venice, Milan. Which Italy airport is best for this itenary?

From Italy to Switzerlands for 7 days. Not so much for hiking, more for sight seeing and exploring.

From Switzerlands to Paris for 3 days. Is it best to get Eurail Select Pass for 3 counties?

From Paris Flying back to Singapore.

Does this itinerary make good sense, else any recomemdatio?

Many Thanks for any advice.

minixbird

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2017 at 6:13:50 #869210

Hi minixbird and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Eurail Select Pass is good if you plan on using the trains frequently in all three countries. Have a read about the pass and the coverage area here.

I’d be tempted to buy the 2 country Eurail Pass (Italy and France) and then the Swiss Travel Pass for Switzerland. The discounts and coverage on the Swiss Travel Pass is much better for trips in Switzerland and I’m guessing most of your train trips will be here.

I’m not sure if you have planned an itinerary for Switzerland yet, but if you would like information please explore our website, especially our pages on what to do and where to go.

We don’t have any information here for Italy or France unfortunately – just Switzerland. Personally, as you are staying in Northern Italy I would try to go into Milan, if not then Rome.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2017 at 13:37:07 #869211

Hi Lucas, thanks for the reply. If I have any question, I will post again. Thank you very much.

• The thread ‘Italy to Switzerland to Paris – rail pass options?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.