Italy to Switzerland to Paris - rail pass options?

Italy to Switzerland to Paris - rail pass options?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
minixbird
minixbird
2 posts
Aug 30, 2017 - 6:19 PM

Hi, I am planning with my wife to travel in early or mid Oct from Singapore to Italy to Switzerland to Paris, then back to Singapore.

Italy, 4 days for Cinque Terre, maybe Pisa, Venice, Milan. Which Italy airport is best for this itenary?

From Italy to Switzerlands for 7 days. Not so much for hiking, more for sight seeing and exploring.

From Switzerlands to Paris for 3 days. Is it best to get Eurail Select Pass for 3 counties?

From Paris Flying back to Singapore.

Does this itinerary make good sense, else any recomemdatio?

Many Thanks for any advice.

minixbird

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Aug 31, 2017 - 6:13 AM in reply to minixbird

Hi minixbird and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Eurail Select Pass is good if you plan on using the trains frequently in all three countries. Have a read about the pass and the coverage area here.

I'd be tempted to buy the 2 country Eurail Pass (Italy and France) and then the Swiss Travel Pass for Switzerland. The discounts and coverage on the Swiss Travel Pass is much better for trips in Switzerland and I'm guessing most of your train trips will be here.

I'm not sure if you have planned an itinerary for Switzerland yet, but if you would like information please explore our website, especially our pages on what to do and where to go.

We don't have any information here for Italy or France unfortunately - just Switzerland. Personally, as you are staying in Northern Italy I would try to go into Milan, if not then Rome.

Lucas

minixbird
minixbird
2 posts
Sep 2, 2017 - 1:37 PM

Hi Lucas, thanks for the reply. If I have any question, I will post again. Thank you very much.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018