Itinerary help Basel to Milan 3 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
swissnewbie
swissnewbie
4 posts
May 15, 2018 - 5:16 AM

Hello,

Please help me to plan a trip. We are arriving to Basel in Mid July and flying back home from Milan. We only going to have 3 days to explore Switzerland and 1 day in Milan. This is our first time in Switzerland and I don't know much about trains and tickets. I think we would like to see Zurich, Lucerne, maybe Interlaken. Another consideration is, we don't want to have luggage with us all the time. Thank you very much

rockoyster
rockoyster
4027 posts
expert
May 15, 2018 - 6:52 AM in reply to swissnewbie

For such a short visit I would pick one base. Lucerne has much to do and is within easy reach of the Jungfrau Region and Milan.

You could even consider taking the Gotthard Panorama Express (www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) to reach Milan.

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass) and also www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

hansaria
hansaria
93 posts
May 15, 2018 - 1:00 PM

I agree with Rockoyster Sir, its too short time and hence, rather wasting time throught hotel check in and check out , its always better to stay at one place and as per my own study ,Lucern and in around best available choice and need also to check with tell pass.............

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018