6 days Switzerland, Bern, Lucerne and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2019 at 22:29:15 #824041

The closer my trip gets, the more I over think and replan everything 🤦🏻‍♀️.

my trip is from Oct. 18-24

ill be getting the Swiss rail pass for 4 days

ill be based in Bern from the 18-22 and then Zurich for the 22 and 23.

Flying home on the 24.

10/18- get into Bern around 3, figured we’d spend the day getting settled and walking around.

10/19- thinking about doing the Glacier 3000. I looked at the actual website and it looks like they’ll be open till the 21 before they shut things down for maintenance. Trying to figure out the best route there as well. Bern to montreaux? Or Bern to gstaab?

10/20 lauterbrunnen/grindelwald. To do the falls and the glacier canyon

10/21 I really would like to go to Lucerne. But I also want to go to Thun. Not sure if trying to spend time in both places is being over ambitious.

10/22 head to Zurich. Spend the day walking around zurich and getting settled there.

10/23 I was really wanting to splurge and get a really nice massage since I was going to be doing so much walking during the week. Was thinking of doing the spa day offer at Dolder Grand. Is there a better/other recommended option?

10/24 fly home at 6 am.

I want to make the best use of my time, and would like to be able to experience different excursions and also relax and enjoy the cities. Is there a better way to plan things out? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks! This website has been the most helpful planning this trip.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2019 at 23:08:11 #922929

I’m not sure it is worth trying to do both Glacier 3000 and Jungfrau area . Maybe choose one high Alpine area and wait for the best weather day.

Don’t forget how small Switzerland is, Luzern is only 1 hour from Bern(by the high speed route) and only 1 hour 27 min via the scenic Emmental (as in Emmental cheese). Thun is only 18 minutes from Bern. It is therefore possible to see Luzern and Thun in one day, especially as you can in fact get from Luzern to Thun without going back to Bern (take the scenic Emmental route and change at Konolfingen)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2019 at 23:45:35 #922930

That helps quite a bit. I was becoming unsure if I wanted to do both things.

Thanks!

• The thread ‘6 days Switzerland, Bern, Lucerne and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.