Itinerary review for Switzerland in September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2015 at 18:30:01 #807904

Arno & Annika

I am travelling to Switzerland with family with 8 day pass from 25th Sep to 30th Sep (both day inclusive) with my family (2 kids 10 & 14). My itineary is as below for 6 days:

1. Reaching Zurich on 25th Sep at 11 AM. Stay either in Lucerne or Engel berg. Want to cover Titlis & Pilatus on 25th Sep & 26th Sep. Is both feasible or should I do only one? Where should I stay- Lucerne or Engelberg?

2. Night stay in Beatenberg on 26th Sep, 27th Sep: Go to Zungfrau on 27th Sep. How to go from Beatenberg to Jungfrau? Any tips?

3. Night stay in Zermatt on 28th Sep: Planning to go via Glacier express from Interlaken. What is the best route?

On 29th morning go to Gornergrat. Return to Zurich by the night

4. Stay in Zurich on 29th Night- Go to Rhine falls on 30th and then catch the flight to Paris from Zurich in the 30th Evening. Any tips?

What is your view on the itineary?

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2015 at 17:37:03 #846031

Hi rajeshba,

I would recommend Lucerne. You’ll be more flexible there as there’s much more to see, and there are easy train and boat connections to about everywhere. If you prefer smaller more isolated town, then pick Engelberg. Please see the Lucerne page for hotel suggestions and other tips.

The timetable shows you how to travel from any location to any other location. The route to the Jungfraujoch is described in detail here.

I would not take the Glacier Express when traveling from Interlaken to Zermatt. It’s a huge detour, not very practical. Instead you can take the train to Spiez, and from there take the local train via Kandersteg and Goppenstein to Brig. Then change for Zermatt. This is a really nice scenic route.

Tips for the Rhine Falls are on the Rhine Falls page.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Itinerary review for Switzerland in September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.