My August Switzerland itinerary – comments?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 14:18:35 #816884

Hi

I’m travelling to Switzerland between 18-26 August from Cologne. I’m planning to make Lauterbrunnen as the base for first 4 days and Lucerne as the base for last 4. Below is a draft itinerary of my activities:

18 Aug: Arrive from cologne and explore the Lauterbrunnen valley

19 Aug: Depending on weather, Schiltorn and Mürren

20 Aug: Schyniegge Platte

21 Aug: I was keen on visiting Aletsch Glacier. Will this be too much travel for 1 day including return?

22 Aug: Shift to Lucerne. Do Rhine falls-Stein am Rheim

23 Aug: Mount Titlis

24 Aug: Cover parts of gothard panaroma express and glacier express by the below route:

Lucerne – Göschenen (Gotthard Panorama Express), Göschenen – Andermatt (cogwheel train), Andermatt – Zermatt (Glacier Express).Take a fast train back.

In this case do I just have to experience the panaromic views through the train or is it also about getting out and exploring at stops? Also will this one day trip make it too hectic?

25 Aug: Day trip to Montreux. Visit Chateau de chillon, Chocolate factory, Chaplins world etc.

26 Aug: Explore lucerne and back to cologne.

Please validate and give suggestions for the itinerary and asked questions.

Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘My August Switzerland itinerary – comments?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.