Itinery advice for a trip from 12-19 September 15

• MANIPAND
    Participant
    5 posts
    28 August 2015 at 14:58:14 #807839

Hi!

First of all I would like to THANK the forum for wonderful posts which have given me ,much needed,confidence regarding my forthcoming tree.

We have booked appartments at Leysin from 12 Sept to 19 Sept & have a return flight from New Delhi to Geneva.Now ,it seems most of the attractions are very far!!.Please guide me how to plan itinery,which rail pass to buy,Places to get vegetarian meals,

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 August 2015 at 19:51:45 #845790

Hi Manipand,

Thanks for your nice words, I’m glad you find our website useful! Leysin is not a good base to explore attractions all over Switzerland, but there are certainly several you can cover. Which attractions did you have in mind? What are your interests? The Lake Geneva region is nearby, and a day trip to Zermatt is long but doable.

A rail pass becomes relevant once you know what you’ll be doing during your stay, but you can already look into all the details here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 August 2015 at 16:49:16 #845791

<<“We have booked apartments at Leysin from 12 Sept to 19 Sept”>>

Arno has offered some comments, and that region of Switzerland is attractive to visit. I have stayed there and 3njoyed walking on the hills and trails. But, it takes a while to get to other well known sites. Nice train rides, though.

Montreux is a nice town on the lake. A walk in the vineyards near Grandvaux or above Cully or on the ridge overlooking the lake above Puidoux can be quite pleasant, but those walks are not what one usually goes to Switzerland for.

Geneva is probably worth a visit. I can’t offer a balanced opinion, bcause I worked there for a while, and had enough of it.

If I were doing it myself, I’d change my apartment booking to Luzern or Interlaken, for less time on the same trains each day (down from Leysin down to the main line), and closeness to some of the best sites for tourists.

Otherwise, some hard work with the timetable and a map will give you some ideas on travel times.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

map.classic.search.ch/

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Itinery advice for a trip from 12-19 September 15’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.