Oct 27, 2016 - 8:01 AM
My son and I are travelling in your beautiful country from these dates. I would really appreciate any revisions or suggestions you may have. We may be trying to fit too much in??
Our proposed itinery so far: ( using Swiss travel Pass - think this is best value for us??)
- Arrive in Zurich in morning. Catch train (which?) to Lucerne then catch Golden Pass train down to Montreaux for 12/14th During this time we thought we would travel to Interlaken and go up to Jungfrau? Depending on weather. Also visit the Xmas market in Montreaux.
- From Montreaux to Zermatt and stay 1 night. Things to do?Matterhorn?
- Leave Zermatt on 15th Dec on Glacier Express for St Moritz (cant seem to find winter ticket selling for this train?)
- Stay 2 nights in St moritz 15 - 17th. On the 17th get back to Lucerne . Can we get back on the Gothenburg train??going through Fluelen and on the boat in Winter?)
- Stay 17th in Lucerne. Fly out Zurich 18th
Does this Intinery seem OK ? Are there other things or places that would be best to visit? Have you any suggestions.
A little unsure of how to get back to Lucerne from St Moritz at this stage??
Also Booking winter trains eg Glacier Express reservations is proving complicated. Are they doing bookings for December yet online? For travel on 15th December
Many thanks for all your wonderful knowledge. In anticipation.