Making seat reservations on Glacier Express

Making seat reservations on Glacier Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AKPRD
AKPRD
1 post
Aug 10, 2017 - 12:31 AM

I am trying to reserve 3 seats on Glacier Express from Chur (enroute station) to Zermatt but it shows no seats. However for the same date if I put the reservation from St Moritz (first station) to Zermatt then it shows vacant seats. Can I book the reservation from St Moritz but join the train at Chur without the authorities allotting the seat to someone else ? Can someone reply urgently as I am trying right now to book the reservations please ?

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Aug 10, 2017 - 6:41 AM in reply to AKPRD

Hi AKPRD,

What date and times are you looking at for the Glacier Express? Some trains through Chur don't allow people to board there and that could be why you can't make seat reservations from Chur but you can from St. Moritz.

There are multiple departures per day so you could try traveling on a different train an hour or 2 later (they typically depart Chur at 10:26, 11:26 and 12:26 every day in the summer).

If all else fails try contacting the RHb company (they run the Glacier Express) and try booking over the phone.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 10, 2017 - 6:42 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018