Making seat reservations on Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 0:31:01 #812904

I am trying to reserve 3 seats on Glacier Express from Chur (enroute station) to Zermatt but it shows no seats. However for the same date if I put the reservation from St Moritz (first station) to Zermatt then it shows vacant seats. Can I book the reservation from St Moritz but join the train at Chur without the authorities allotting the seat to someone else ? Can someone reply urgently as I am trying right now to book the reservations please ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 6:41:20 #868133

Hi AKPRD,

What date and times are you looking at for the Glacier Express? Some trains through Chur don’t allow people to board there and that could be why you can’t make seat reservations from Chur but you can from St. Moritz.

There are multiple departures per day so you could try traveling on a different train an hour or 2 later (they typically depart Chur at 10:26, 11:26 and 12:26 every day in the summer).

If all else fails try contacting the RHb company (they run the Glacier Express) and try booking over the phone.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Making seat reservations on Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.