June: direct trains from Spiez to Milan?

• R_wilson36
    Participant
    2 posts
    8 March 2023 at 12:55:42 #829266

Hi, my wife & I are coming to Interlaken for 5 days in June from Scotland.After that we are going to Milan and wondered if it’s possible to get a direct train from Spiez to Milan, any information regarding the trip would be very helpful. We know it’s easy to get a train from Interlaken to Spiez but don’t know much about the journey from Spiez to Milan.

Yours sincerely

Robert Wilson

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    8 March 2023 at 14:27:48 #951884

Hello Robert,

Welcome to MySwissAlps. That’s wonderful to hear you are visiting Switzerland.

Yes there are direct trains from Spiez to Milan. Feel free to check via the timetable link as the direct trains may not run frequently : https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

For example, I keyed in June 1st, and the direct trains from Spiez to Milan, operate at 12:05, 14:05 and 19:05 on this date.

You may find this link useful:

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2023 at 18:12:11 #951885

Aye there are direct trains Spiez – Milano. During the day there are several

The official timetable shows the pattern: look for the Eurocity (EC) trains, eg EC53 and EC57 on pages 3/18 and 4/18 of the PDF.

At the bottom of each page you will see a continuing line and ‘Milano Centrale’ indicating the destination of the express trains

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_fields/2023/300.pdf

See my attached picture of such a train departing Spiez in the snow and sun in December 2022

R_wilson36
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 March 2023 at 7:15:09 #951886

Hi folks

Thanks for all the help regarding our trip from Spiez to Milan. Just to let you know we’ve now booked our train and it was definitely due to the information we received from yous. Once again thank you!!

Yours sincerely

Robert Wilson 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

• The thread ‘June: direct trains from Spiez to Milan?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.