Nov 21, 2017 - 12:55 AM
in reply to rbawa
>> We are coming to interlaken from the 24th to 26 the November ... We were hoping to go up the Jungfrau or Scilthorn
Unfortunately the Schilthorn cable car will be closed for maintenance from 13 November until 8 December, but the Jungfraujoch trains will be operating. You can check the webcam to see what conditions are like before buying a ticket to go up:
Other mountain transport that will be operating while you are there includes:
- Gondola Grindelwald-First - reopens 25 November.
- Funicular Interlaken-Harder Kulm - operates until 26 November inclusive
- Cable car and train Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp-Mürren
- Cable car Stechelberg-Gimmelwald-Mürren - operating, but with reduced services
- The gondola from Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen and the cable car from Wengen to Männlichen will operate on the weekend of 25-26 November if snow conditons are good. There is snow there at the moment, so you might be lucky.
- There will be one trip daily in each direction between Thun and Interlaken West on the Thunersee (lake Thun), plus a breakfast cruise on Sunday from Thun to Spiez or vice versa.
The following will not be operating while you are there:
- Funicular Mürren-Allmendhubel
- Train Wilderswil-Schynige Platte
- Boats on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz)
The Trümmelbach Falls will be closed.
Hope this helps you plan your time there to take best advantage of what is operating/open.
Last modified on Nov 21, 2017 - 12:56 AM by Removed user