Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald-First in 1 day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 2:36:01 #815299

Hello! Is it possible to visit Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald-First both in one day? I will be traveling from Lucerne the first week of May and am aware that it takes at least 4 hours to travel one way from Lucerne to the top of Jungfraujoch. However, I am really interested in going up to First as well, but am not sure if time would even permit. If anyone has any insight on this and/or how the train trip would work, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 April 2018 at 10:02:15 #882154

Yes you could do that if you get an early start.

Go up to Jungfraujoch via Wengen and come down to Grindelwald then do First.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on this page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 14:04:23 #882155

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald-First in 1 day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.