Jungfraujoch ticket cost - price list?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Mittens
Mittens
33 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 6:08 AM

Help please!

I am still 'doing the math' as to best pass to use whilst in Switzerland. I can not find the actual cost of a ticket from Wengen, Lauterbrunnen etc to the Jungfraujoch. I want to be able to see in Swiss Francs the exact price. I know with the Jungfrau Card transport from Wengen to Eigergletscher is free and then from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch is 50% discounted. I don't want to book my tickets yet....burt even when 'dummy booking' on Happy Rail, the cost is not clear. Thanks to everyone by the way, I have not had many questions because there is such a fantastic amount of information here.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 8:03 AM in reply to Mittens

Hi Mittens,

You can download the Jungfraubahnen price list from here:

www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Jungfraubahnen _Fahrpreise_Preisliste .pdf

Alpenrose

rockoyster
rockoyster
3693 posts
expert
Jul 5, 2018 - 8:12 AM in reply to Mittens

I can not find the actual cost of a ticket from Wengen, Lauterbrunnen etc to the Jungfraujoch.”

The SBB timetable will give you the half fare price - just double it,

Hint: Don’t buy tickets for Jungfraujoch unless the weather looks like being favourable. And read about reservations at bit.ly/2JQKKSh.

Last modified on Jul 5, 2018 - 8:27 AM by rockoyster
Arno
Arno
10749 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2018 - 8:20 AM

Hi Mittens,

Tickets are valid for any train on the day you buy it for. Only if you decide to buy a separate seat reservation you will be tied to a specific train.

www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

Mittens
Mittens
33 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 9:07 AM

Thank you all. I think I am in panic mode...I had seen that price sheet. I promise we won’t buy tickets ahead of time. We will be in Wengen for 5 nights- and that includes a weekend. I’m guessing that Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch and First will be at their busiest then. We are early risers, but I know going first thing may not be the best for views...

cheers

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018