Jungfraujoch in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2011 at 9:03:22 #804087

Hello Friends,
    Looking forward to day trip from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch in mid-April 2011 and wonder what the temperature is likely to be there, and welcome any tips from you and any special things to see and do. Thanks, Terry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    4 January 2011 at 11:21:04 #832087

Hello Terry,

It’s always hard to tell what temperatures will be in mid April. From our own experience: it will probably be cold and freezing at Jungfraujoch. Lauterbrunnen is more unpredictable. We’ve had nice temperatures during spring, but snow as well. That’s always a bit of a problem in Switzerland: you never know, but that’s one of its charms too :-)!! Depending on your further plans and time you have to spend, you might consider travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch and travelling back from Kleine Scheidegg (from where the train to Jungfraujoch leaves and arrives) to Grindelwald.

If you have more time to spend, the hiking tips and day trips may be of help to you. If you have more questions about the Jungfrau Region, I will be happy to give you “own expercience”-tips!

I hope this helps!

Have a nice trip,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2011 at 17:00:12 #832088

When my wife ad I stayed in Lauterbrunnen in April 2005 the weather was very warm,we had to sleep with the french windows open all night.I was told that in June of that year there were serious snow falls,so you can never be sure.I suggest you go to Jungfraujoch prepared for the cold because of the altitude but you will love it regardless as we do.
    The suggestion by Olga regarding Grindelwald is a good one,there is a Cafe attached to a bakers where the soup is excellent,and the bread rolls and cakes next door delicious and of course the scenery is fabulous.
    My wife and I are in Lauterbrunnen from the 17th Jan to 1st Feb this year as she loves the scenery with snow and we will visit Grindlewald often.
    Hope you have a wonderful stay in this beautiful area of Switzerland, I’m sure you will.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2011 at 17:41:49 #832089

Thank you Friends for your comments, much appreciated and helpful. Looking forward to our holiday. Terry

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.