Jungfraujoch planning + ZVV 9 O'Clock day pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sjchaos
Sjchaos
13 posts
Jul 9, 2018 - 12:20 PM

Hello again!

I can't thank enough Lucas & other contributors here in the forum. Your suggestions & tips have made planning so easy. I cant contain my excitement for the trip ! There are these last leg of questions I hope :-)

1. Total Train Journey time taken to reach Jungfraujoch from Interlaken without any stops via Wengen / Grindelwald?How much time is needed if i were to stop at Grindelwald / Wengen & explore the region.

2. I plan to visit Rhine Falls from Zurich. My STP won't be valid on the day. I have figured that the cheapest way to get to falls (and city optionally) would be to take the ZVV 9 O'Clock day pass than point to point ticket @ 26 CHF pp if it is valid in all zones?

I can get to Schloss Laufen, walk across the river to Neuhausen & can return back to Zurich from there.

Lucas
Lucas
9870 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 7:04 PM in reply to Sjchaos

Hi SJchaos,

Happy to help!

1. The timetable always gives you the quickest options: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable - it is hard to say how much time you will spend at each town as it will depend on what you want to do there. Just walk around the town for an hour to see it?
  2. Yes, you have it correct. Point to point is around 16chf one-way.
Last modified on Jul 9, 2018 - 7:07 PM by Lucas
RAHEJAPARAG
RAHEJAPARAG
20 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:51 AM

Hello SJ

interlaken to Jungfrau approx takes atleast 2.5 hrs but the beauty of nature never lets you know how the time flies away.

Other than 9’o clock pass, find out if Albis pass covers that or not, I guess Albis is a bit cheaper than 9’o clock.

takecare

Lucas
Lucas
9870 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 5:26 AM

The Albis day pass doesn't cover that area. Primarily for access to Uetliberg and hikes in that area.
https://www.zvv.ch/zvv /en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets/other-tickets/albis-day-pass.html

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018