Jungfraujoch planning + ZVV 9 O”Clock day pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2018 at 12:20:02 #817171

Hello again!

I can’t thank enough Lucas & other contributors here in the forum. Your suggestions & tips have made planning so easy. I cant contain my excitement for the trip ! There are these last leg of questions I hope 🙂

1. Total Train Journey time taken to reach Jungfraujoch from Interlaken without any stops via Wengen / Grindelwald?How much time is needed if i were to stop at Grindelwald / Wengen & explore the region.

2. I plan to visit Rhine Falls from Zurich. My STP won’t be valid on the day. I have figured that the cheapest way to get to falls (and city optionally) would be to take the ZVV 9 O’Clock day pass than point to point ticket @ 26 CHF pp if it is valid in all zones?

I can get to Schloss Laufen, walk across the river to Neuhausen & can return back to Zurich from there.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2018 at 19:04:28 #890893

Hi SJchaos,

Happy to help!

1. The timetable always gives you the quickest options: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable – it is hard to say how much time you will spend at each town as it will depend on what you want to do there. Just walk around the town for an hour to see it?
    2. Yes, you have it correct. Point to point is around 16chf one-way.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 4:51:39 #890894

Hello SJ

interlaken to Jungfrau approx takes atleast 2.5 hrs but the beauty of nature never lets you know how the time flies away.

Other than 9’o clock pass, find out if Albis pass covers that or not, I guess Albis is a bit cheaper than 9’o clock.

takecare

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 5:26:28 #890895

The Albis day pass doesn’t cover that area. Primarily for access to Uetliberg and hikes in that area.
    https://www.zvv.ch/zvv /en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets/other-tickets/albis-day-pass.html

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch planning + ZVV 9 O”Clock day pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.