Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2011 at 0:11:02 #804253

Hi all

Will be taking train from Salzburg to Zermatt

reaching Zermatt only in the evening therefore staying there for 3 nights

Zermatt 1st full day – matterhorn

Zermatt 2nd full day – ??

Zermat to Vevey early am- to visit the Normal 0 Chateau de Chillon, Normal 0 Corniche Lavaux Vineyards and one chocolate place ?
    Not sure there is enough time. Is there any other place that I should go ?
    Overnight at Vevey

Vevey to Wengen
    Is there any more place for me to venture in Vevey before departing to Wengen ?
    Day trip to ??
    Overnight 2 nights at Wengen

Wengen 1 full day to Jungfrau

Wengen to Lucern
    After checking in hotel, move to Mt titlis or any other recommendation?
    Overnight at Lucern

Next morning , can still spend time at Lucern and surrroundings but do not know where… evening then take train to Zurich.

Zurick the next day before departing back home in the evening ..

What the kind of swiss pass should I buy ?

I should be buying euro select pass which I think i can use two days in switzerland..

Appreciate all valuable responses !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 May 2011 at 13:06:09 #832680

Hi droozy,

That’s a great trip you have planned! Hiking tips for Zermatt can be found here. Day trips are listed here. I can recommend the Gornergrat cog railway.

Mount Titlis is beautiful. Other options are Mount Pilatus (closer to Lucerne) and Mount Rigi (free with a Swiss Pass).

You can best check the timetable to see how long your transfers will take, and finalize your planning from there. As for passes: a regular Swiss Pass would be a good and convenient option for this trip. You would have to calculate the costs of all your trips if you want to find out whether another pass is even cheaper.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2011 at 2:12:37 #832681

oh thanks Arno !
    I will check out the places that you have linked me..
    you mean its more economical if I get the swiss saver pass example like 4 day pass in a mth for 2 person with 15% discount and i can use the eurail select pass for remaining two days right?

Mt Moritz good to go too ?

Any other places that I should check it out as well ?

Any nice souvenirs or chocolates that you would recommend me to buy ?

Any website to find the train networkmap in Switzerland ? So far I can only find Zurich train map..

Thanks so much for your reply !

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 May 2011 at 15:10:08 #832682

Hi droozy,

This website is full of ideas for day trips and hiking, so I would recommend to take a look at that. As for chocolate: Lindt and Toblerone are some brands to look out for. Any of our pass pages have links to national network maps, including the Swiss Pass page I mentioned.

• The thread ‘Kindly help me plan first trip to switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.