Last known trail condition Via Alpina

Last known trail condition Via Alpina

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Debra
Debra
52 posts
May 19, 2017 - 3:37 PM

I had ruled out the portion of the trail to kandersteg as many of the trail reports indicated some signage was missing and the trail was pretty washed out around the scree slope; also have the stairs been replaced along the trail does anyone know? I realize it is too early in the season for a report this year but last reports I have seen were from last summer. Thanks.

kim11
kim11
381 posts
top member
May 20, 2017 - 4:38 PM

Are you talking about the route over the Bundenchrinde?

Probably the reason the last reports you have seen for this, Sefinenfurge and Höhturli is because these passes close in the fall (often around early October) and are not yet re-opened. And whatever damage occurred likely happened over the winter. So likely very few, if any, hikers have been over those ways yet.

When are you going? These routes usually open sometime in July.

Debra
Debra
52 posts
May 20, 2017 - 8:29 PM in reply to kim11

In august. The last reports I read were from last august. My plans are flexible, since I am backpacking I can change plans as I go right now I have 5 nights camping at camping jungfrau as a base for day hikes; originally I was going to hike to kandersteg over a couple days but the reports of washed out steps, signage loss, and scree field deterioration has deterred me, so I switched to the day hikes but of coarse that can change on a whim. I often leave paid campsites early if opportunities for better adventure presents itself.

Last modified on May 20, 2017 - 8:30 PM by Debra

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017