Lausanne to Lucerne train – construction work

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 14:44:15 #811770

hi ,

I would be travelling with family from laussane to lucerne on 12th july . swiss timetable shows a few trains IR and ICE but its also showing that some construction is going to take place during that time which would restrict the movement of trains . There is a train IR at 11.50 am . Do you think I should rely on the timetable or should I change my plan. kindly advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 17:39:42 #863132

Hi sumitbijaka,

The timetable is definitely reliable so no worries there. It only indicates an issue on the direct trains and you can read about the details of the construction on the timetable– it only affects the direct trains as you can see.
    You just need to plan on using one of the other trains without the construction symbol.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Lausanne to Lucerne train – construction work’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.