Lauterbrunnen-Lucerne-Mt Pilatus in one day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sheens1976
sheens1976
4 posts
May 9, 2017 - 1:27 AM

Hi,

I shall be travelling to Switzerland next week. I would like to know if it is possible to go to Lucerne from Lauterbrunnen and back to Lauterbrunnen by late evening. I already have done a lot of sight seeing in Lucerne about a few years back. I will be having the Swiss travel pass which says Mt. Pilatus is free for pass holders. I will be staying at Lauterbrunnen for 6 nights and was wondering if I could do this trip?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 9, 2017 - 5:12 AM in reply to sheens1976

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I shall be travelling to Switzerland next week. I would like to know if it is possible to go to Lucerne from Lauterbrunnen and back to Lauterbrunnen by late evening. I already have done a lot of sight seeing in Lucerne about a few years back. I will be having the Swiss travel pass which says Mt. Pilatus is free for pass holders.

Yes, it's possible if you don't mind a very long day. Travel time each way to Pilatus Kulm will be 3 to 4 hours, depending on whether you travel via Alpnachstad or Kriens (or both).

Before you go, check the Pilatus webcam to see if the views are cloud-free and what facilities are open. However, given the travel time to get there, the clouds could descend by the time you arrive unfortunately! They might have a screen showing the webcam view at the valley stations though.

www.pilatus.ch/en/open -facilities/

You can plan your trip using the SBB timetable:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 9, 2017 - 5:15 AM by Removed user
sheens1976
sheens1976
4 posts
May 9, 2017 - 8:39 AM in reply to Removed user

Thanks so much Arno and Annika. Will surely plan to go to Mt. Pilatus. I have been to Jungfrau and Titlis many years back ,so we decided on Schilthorn and since Pilatus is free for swiss pass holders I wanted to give it a try.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
May 9, 2017 - 10:15 AM in reply to sheens1976

Hi sheens1976,

Not that Arno and Annika aren't normally quite helpful and deserve our thanks... but it was Alpenrose that helped you ;)

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019