Lauterbrunnen To Murren Trip

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 2, 2015 - 9:45 AM

I have the below plan to visit Murren from Lauterbrunnen. Can someone please help me with the fares please. I have checked www.sbb.ch/en site but I just got confused as I was not clearly able to find the cable car fares and the bus tickets. Please if someone could let me know the fares as mentioned below, it will help me a lot in planning the trip. within budget...

• Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp by Cable car - Ticket Fare?
  • Grutschalp to Murren by Train - Ticket Fare?
  • Walk down to Schilthorn Lift
  • Schilthorn Lift to Stechelberg by cable car - Ticket Fare
  • Stechelberg to Trummelbergfalle by bus - Ticket fare?
  • Entry fee at Trummelbachfalle ??????
  • Trummelbachfalle to Lauterbrunnen train station by Bus - Ticket Fare?

Even if you juet let me know the approximate fares it would be ok, as switzerland is a very costly place, i just need to see how much would my above trip to Murren cost, before I start my journey. Thanks a lot in advance.

Annika
Annika
6037 posts
expert &
Dec 2, 2015 - 1:27 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, amb11!

Most of the fares can be found here:

Links like that can be found on our attraction pages, e.g. www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn/tickets.

This page is helpful too.

When will this trip be? The Trümmelbachfälle (CHF 11 per person) won't open until April.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 2, 2015 - 2:14 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you so much for the details. I am planning the Trip in May, would that be ok for the Trummelbachfalle.

Annika
Annika
6037 posts
expert &
Dec 3, 2015 - 2:16 PM in reply to amb11

Sure, it will be open in May. Have a good time!

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 11:33 AM in reply to Annika

Thank you so much.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 11:46 AM in reply to Annika

One last question. Could you please help me out?

The www.jungfrau.ch/en link that you mentioned above shows that Lauterbrunnen to Murren Via Grutschalp is 22 CHF (retun - second class). Does this include the cable car fare as well that I need to take from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp. My understanding is I need to use a cable way from Lauterbrunnen BLM to Grutschalp and from Grutschalp to Murren there runs a train. Please do let me know if my understanding is correct.

Arno
Arno
14026 posts
expert &
Dec 4, 2015 - 1:56 PM in reply to amb11

Hi amb11,

All prices include all modes of transport along the way. It this case it includes the cable car and the train.

amb11
amb11
8 posts
Dec 4, 2015 - 2:02 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno..

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019