About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lavaux vineyards: Chexbres to St Saphorin hike
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Lavaux vineyards: Chexbres to St Saphorin hike

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mavy
Mavy
17 posts
Jun 16, 2022 - 9:36 PM

I am thinking of doing this part of the vineyards. Are the trails better suited to a hiking shoe or can I wear a comfortable sandal? Also, is there a place to stop along the way for a drink or is St Saphorin the first stop?

Anna
Anna
3680 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2022 - 8:51 AM in reply to Mavy

Hi Mavy,

For any hikes, I recommend good walking shoes or hiking sandals. The trail from Chexbres to St Saphorin is on asphalted road but mainly downhill so wear something with good grips. There are several village cafes and restaurants along the way so you have various options if you need a break.

This trail also takes you through the Lavaux vineyards: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lutry-epesses

Regards,

Anna

1960man
1960man
4083 posts
expert
Jun 22, 2022 - 1:20 AM in reply to Mavy

A comfortable 'town' shoe or sandal but with good tread should be enough as the route is on paved lanes between the vineyards.

I don't think there are any cafes on the lanes between Chexbres and St Saphorin, but it is only 2 km so won't take long.

Ildiko
Ildiko
2333 posts
top member &
Jun 22, 2022 - 7:45 AM

Hi Mavy,

I've made this route several times and sometimes wine cellars and bars were closed. If you miss the places, and would like to try some wine from the region, I recommend the Lavaux Vinorama.

Also if you are in the Lausanne-Vevey-Montreux region, almost every restaurant can serve you local wine (from the Lavaux area).

Make sure to bring sun lotion and water with you, there are not many shadows during the walk.

Ildiko

1960man
1960man
4083 posts
expert
Jun 22, 2022 - 2:39 PM in reply to Ildiko

Yes, I agree about the heat. I did Grandvaux station to Cully station downhill through the vineyards in July one year and there was very little shade. And because it is paved roads the heat comes up off the surface.

Mavy
Mavy
17 posts
Jun 22, 2022 - 4:19 PM

Thanks everyone! It was HOT, but magnificent. I really value your time and responses.

Ildiko
Ildiko
2333 posts
top member &
Jun 22, 2022 - 4:23 PM in reply to Mavy

Hi Mavy,

I am glad to hear that you liked it. Please feel free to write us a post about your travel experiences once you arrived home. We would love to read it. You can find the trip report part of the forum here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/tripreports.

Take care,
Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 30% discount
Available until 31 October 2022. Book 6 months ahead.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/swisstravelpass

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022