About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Locator form for trips from UK to Switzerland?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Locator form for trips from UK to Switzerland?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alansheppard
Alansheppard
3 posts
Jul 19, 2020 - 12:08 PM

Do i need a to fill out a locator form if travelling to Switzerland from the UK and also for the return

SaraC
SaraC
28 posts
Jul 19, 2020 - 10:26 PM in reply to Alansheppard

Hi Alansheppard,

We haven't heard of this particular form before. As far as we know now, free traveling between the UK and Switzerland is allowed without major restrictions. But each country may have its own set of rules for returning (holiday) travelers, and such rules can change quickly. I'd advise you to study the official links provided here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. You might also contact the British government to make sure, or the British embassy in Switzerland: (www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/fdfa/representations-and-travel-advice/great-britain/great-britain-representation-in-ch.html#par).

Hope this will help!

Sara

Last modified on Jul 19, 2020 - 10:27 PM by SaraC
1960man
1960man
2735 posts
top member
Jul 19, 2020 - 11:16 PM in reply to Alansheppard

The locator form is a UK government requirement for when you return to the UK from abroad. Switzerland has no such equivalent for arrival in Switzerland as far as I know.

Polite note to UK nationals: for questions about the UK rules, always go to the UK Government site, rather than asking on a Swiss forum!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020