Lockers in train stations

• kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    3 June 2012 at 7:30:31 #805356

Does anyone know of a site that lists which train stations have luggage lockers? The sbb.ch site seems to show pretty much everything except this.

A related question: for stations that have manned baggage service/hours, is it possible to leave luggage with them and reclaim in later in the day or even the next day?

Thanks much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 June 2012 at 12:29:51 #836380

Hi Kim! The SBB does provide information on lockers: get to this page, fill out your train station and then click the tab ‘Equipment’. If lockers are available, this will be displayed, even including sizes and costs :-). And yes, most manned luggage services allow you to hand in your luggage and pick it up later.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    4 June 2012 at 12:35:21 #836381

Thanks so much Annika! I was looking at Lauterbrunnen train station which I thought had lockers and not seeing any. So I guess not.

Also thanks for tip on manned luggage stations. Guess that’s the route to go at Lauterbrunnen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2012 at 9:08:49 #836382

[quote]Annika said: Hi Kim! The SBB does provide information on lockers: get to this page, fill out your train station and then click the tab ‘Equipment’. If lockers are available, this will be displayed, even including sizes and costs :-). And yes, most manned luggage services allow you to hand in your luggage and pick it up later.[/quote]

Hello Annika. I was very interested in this question, because I need to know whether montreux has luggage lockers. i followed your advice and unless I’m doing something wrong, it would seem that Montreux does not have lockers. This would be a real disappointment, because I want to leave luggage there and then go up to Rocher de naye before heading off for Interlaken. Please tell me that I’m wrong!!

Annika
    7104 posts
    11 June 2012 at 13:22:11 #836383

Hello aussie! I do find locker information for the Montreux railway station, at this SBB page under the header ‘Equipment’. Maybe you selected the railway station “Montreux MOB” instead of the main Montreux railway station? Anyway, I hope this reassures you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2012 at 16:54:18 #836384

[quote]Annika said: Hello aussie! I do find locker information for the Montreux railway station, at this SBB page under the header ‘Equipment’. Maybe you selected the railway station “Montreux MOB” instead of the main Montreux railway station? Anyway, I hope this reassures you![/quote]

You’re wonderful Annika! You were right. I did look under MOB. Thanks again for all your help and good advice.

• The thread ‘Lockers in train stations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.