Logistics from Basil to St moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2012 at 20:04:36 #804848

I will be traveling to St Moritz on March 3rd.

I would like to stay at the Romantik hotel in Samedan. Our train will arrive before noon on the third.

How complicated is it to get to that hotel from the departure train arriving from Basal?

I want to do the bobsliegh run while I’m there. So I need to find out about the logistics of booking that for the late Afternoon on the 3rd.

Then I have to get back to the Glacier Express train on the morning of the 4th to depart for Zermatt

Is this a realistic set of goals for the St Moritz visit? The Bobsliegh is only 75 seconds long! I don’t know enough about the geography to understand the distances involved between all these places.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 January 2012 at 13:46:35 #834663

Hello jjhack, and welcome. Do you mean the Romantik Hotel located at Muottas Muragl? This isn’t actually in Samedan, but on a viewing point near it. This trip involves a few changes of trains and a 5 minute walk in between. The timetable will help you plan your trip from Basel. Enter ‘Muottas Muragl’ as your destination if that’s where you have to get, or else Samedan. Maps.search.ch helps you to locate railway stations and other addresses.

This information on the bobsleigh track may be interesting to you. Please be sure to read all details on safety and dangers. Since you have to be present early in the morning, you may not be able to make this during a 2 day stay. There are lots of alternatives though. Maybe not as thrilling, but still a fun experience, are several sledge runs, for example from Muottas Muragl or between Preda and Bergün.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 January 2012 at 11:18:32 #834664

If possible can you send me an English text website of information in the bobsleigh run. I want to do this

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 January 2012 at 4:55:00 #834665

Hi jjhack. The website I linked to in my previous answer provides detailed information in English.

• The thread ‘Logistics from Basil to St moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.