Looking for Jungfrau and Geneva hotels feedback

• Ava_T
    Participant
    52 posts
    2 March 2023 at 14:04:38 #829206

Hello, I’m finalizing plans for my hotels for my upcoming trip to Switzerland and wondering if anyone has stayed in any of the following hotels. I was mainly looking at cost and convenience to trains. Any feedback would be appreciated.

interlaken- Hey Hotel Guesthouse (not the main hotel)

Grindewald- Central Hotel Wolter

wengen- Hotel Edelweiss

zermatt- Zermatt budget rooms

Geneva- Warwick Geneva

Sidenote: I originally wanted to make Interlaken my base but after reading many posts, it seems like Grindewald and Wengen are more charming. As most of my daily excursions are around the Jungfrau region (schilthorn, First, Jungfraujoch) all 3 villages are close but I wasn’t sure if all trains have to pass through Interlaken anyway, so the benefit of staying there saves me the 30 min or so of commute time from Wengen or Grindewald.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Bebe
    Participant
    43 posts
    2 March 2023 at 17:24:50 #951615

Hi, Ava,

We stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss in Wengen last September and enjoyed it. Very nice, clean accommodations & the owners and staff are super friendly. It is a downhill hike from the train station as far as walking distance but very doable. Wengen is a car free village, but there are taxis available at the station level. Staying in Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald or Murren (car free also) are picturesque options as well and more convenient than Interlaken, in my opinion, for activities in the higher elevations.

Bebe

Anna
    6274 posts
    4 March 2023 at 19:28:54 #951616

Hi Ava T,

Central Hotel Wohter seems to have good reviews. It’s located right in the centre of Grindelwald so you have easy access to shops, restaurants and the train station.

Hotel Warwick Geneva is within walking distance of the train station. That’s always a thumbs up for me.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Looking for Jungfrau and Geneva hotels feedback’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.