Lucerne rail pass and affordable accommodations

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
bobmoloneygr
bobmoloneygr
4 posts
Oct 3, 2016 - 6:24 PM

I am planning on arriving in Zurich on Nov 1 around 20:00. The plan is to stay either near the airport or the train station. I will depart Zurich for Lucerne on Nov 2. We are a family of 4. 2 Adults and 2 adult children (20 and 24). All our time will be spent in Lucerne. Is the Tell Pass the best for Mountain Trips, Boat, Cog? Do I need another pass such as the Half Pass?

Any recommendations for accommodations in the Lucerne area? I'm looking for something reasonably priced but certainly not a hostel. My son found Hit Rental. Any feedback on them?

Thanks in advance

Arno
Arno
12142 posts
expert &
Oct 3, 2016 - 7:04 PM

Hi bobmoloneygr,

The Tell-Pass is one of the options, and does make sense for that area, but it depends on your travel & sightseeing plans whether it's the best option for you. If you plan to buy the Tell-Pass it will be the winter version: myswissalps.com/ tellpasswinter. Please also see: myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss.

Our accommodation tips are listed on the Lucerne page: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/hotels. Should that not be sufficient, please post additional details as request here. Thanks!

Last modified on Oct 3, 2016 - 7:06 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019