Lucerne as a base for 10 days trip

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ferozskhan
ferozskhan
5 posts
Jan 18, 2017 - 6:10 PM

We are flying to Zurich for our 10 days trip in MAY 2017.

My Plan is to book a hotel in Lucerne for 10 nights and then travel to different places for a day trip.

I want to go to the following places early in the morning and then come back at night to our hotel in Lucerne: Please let me know if this is possible or not. I will be using Swiss travel pass

I dont want to book different hotels and want to stay in one place.

Interlaken

Zurich

Geneva

Mount Titlis

Gridelwald

Jungfrau

Lussane

Bern

Thanks.

Annika
Annika
4993 posts
expert &
Jan 19, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hi ferozskhan!

The best way to find out whether or not trips are doable is to consult the timetable. It will give detailed information on trips from Lucerne to each of your destinations, and that will help you and your travel party to decide whether or not the amounts of traveling are acceptable. Mind the right spelling when entering destinations in the timetable (e.g.: Lausanne, Grindelwald, Jungfraujoch). Generally, I'd say that most on your list can be reached as a day trip from Lucerne, except maybe for Geneva and Lausanne. Those would require very long traveling days. You may explore more of the beautiful surroundings of Lucerne instead to save on traveling time; they have lots to offer.

Each of our town and activities pages explains about traveling to/from/in the area as well, under the sections "Route" or "Traveling".

Last modified on Jan 19, 2017 - 12:08 PM by Annika
ferozskhan
ferozskhan
5 posts
Jan 19, 2017 - 5:31 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks for the answer. Should i book any activities in advance like for Grindelwald mountain cart and lift tickets or when i visit the site?

ferozskhan
ferozskhan
5 posts
Jan 19, 2017 - 6:11 PM in reply to ferozskhan

Also please tell me how to achieve the following: Is the following trip included in the Swiss Rail Pass or i have to purchase separate tickets

Lucerne to Zermatt: Lucerne - Göschenen (Gotthard Panorama Express), Göschenen - Andermatt (cogwheel train), Andermatt - Zermatt (Glacier Express).

Arno
Arno
11357 posts
expert &
Jan 19, 2017 - 6:25 PM

Hi Ferozskhan,

Nearly all activities in Switzerland can both be booked on site and online, whichever you prefer most. Exceptions are a few scenic trains and activities with limited capacity like paragliding. The carts can be booked when you are there.

All routes you mentioned are included in the Swiss Travel Pass. Seat reservations are not included. Here's more information:

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018