Lucerne for 3 Nights – Saver Pass or Half Fare?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2011 at 17:41:13 #804097

Hi All,

I’ve been crunches the numbers and comparing fares till my head spins. I’m heading to Lucerne from Paris on April 1st and then heading to Milan on April 4th. What I had originally planned was booking a train from Paris to Lucerne, which connects in Basel and a train from Lucerne to Milan. So I will be in Lucerne for 3 nights. I’d like to take the boat to Vitznau and head up to Mt. Rigi and do some hiking. I would also like to head up to Mt. Pilatus if time permits.

Does it make sense for me to buy a Saver or Flexi pass? If I get either pass, will my train from Basel to Lucerne be fully covered? I’ve read that the pass also covers the roundtrip up to Mt. Rigi and gives me a discount up Pilatus. All local bus, boat, and train within Lucerne would also be covered correct? Would I get a discount for the train from Lucerne to Milan? Or would it just make more sense getting a half fare card?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2011 at 14:26:58 #832111

I’ve decided to go with a half fare card. I’ve already purchased a ticket from Paris to Basel. At Basel I will get a half fare card for me and my wife and continue on to Lucerne.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 January 2011 at 14:43:08 #832112

Hi synnyster. Sounds like a good choice! Please feel free to post if you have further questions.

• The thread ‘Lucerne for 3 Nights – Saver Pass or Half Fare?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.