Lucerne for 3 Nights - Saver Pass or Half Fare?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
synnyster
synnyster
2 posts
Jan 25, 2011 - 6:41 PM
Hi All,

I've been crunches the numbers and comparing fares till my head spins. I'm heading to Lucerne from Paris on April 1st and then heading to Milan on April 4th. What I had originally planned was booking a train from Paris to Lucerne, which connects in Basel and a train from Lucerne to Milan. So I will be in Lucerne for 3 nights. I'd like to take the boat to Vitznau and head up to Mt. Rigi and do some hiking. I would also like to head up to Mt. Pilatus if time permits.

Does it make sense for me to buy a Saver or Flexi pass? If I get either pass, will my train from Basel to Lucerne be fully covered? I've read that the pass also covers the roundtrip up to Mt. Rigi and gives me a discount up Pilatus. All local bus, boat, and train within Lucerne would also be covered correct? Would I get a discount for the train from Lucerne to Milan? Or would it just make more sense getting a half fare card?
synnyster
synnyster
2 posts
Jan 26, 2011 - 2:26 PM
I've decided to go with a half fare card. I've already purchased a ticket from Paris to Basel. At Basel I will get a half fare card for me and my wife and continue on to Lucerne.
Arno
Arno
13375 posts
expert &
Jan 26, 2011 - 2:43 PM
Hi synnyster. Sounds like a good choice! Please feel free to post if you have further questions.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019