Lucerne luggage lockers

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2013 at 14:39:34 #805835

Do luggage lockers at the Lucerne rail station accept credit cards in addition to coins? if they do accept credit cards, do they accept credit cards from the US which are magnetic stripe rather than the CHIP/PIN in europe.

ALso, do hotels usually accept US credit cards with magnetic strips or do they prefer CHIP/PIN cards

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    7 March 2013 at 6:18:03 #838198

Hi Wannagoswiss. This is the information the SBB provide about the lockers at Lucerne. They accept coins; I don’t know whether there are versions with other payment options, so you can best ask the SBB. It’s convenient to have some cash anyway. Most hotels will accept US credit cards, but you should check with your hotel(s) in advance if you want to be sure for your specific card. I have a card with PIN, but I’ve never been asked for the code so I would not expect any problems with cards that just have the stripe.

• The thread ‘Lucerne luggage lockers’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.