Lucerne to Grindelwald via Interlaken Express

• Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    16 September 2022 at 7:47:22 #828357

Hi there,

i have a few question regarding the train from Lucerne to Grindelwald

i have search the SBB time table and it told me to transit a few train.

Lucern platform 12 – > Brunig-Hasliberg, Platform 1 -> walk – > Brunig – Hasliberg Bahnhof – > interlaken OST -> walk – > interlaken OST, Platform 2B -> Grindelwald , platform 1 – > Grindelwald platform 1 -> walk -> grindelwald Bahnhof – > Grindelwald, Grindelwalderhof

Where i search google map it says 1 train will reach from Lucerne to Interlaken OST – > Grindelwald.

I was wondering, to which should i take reference?

2nd question is , i would love to include golden pass line as part of mode of transport for the trip. And how do i check on SBB for golden pass line train?

Regards

Jackky

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2022 at 10:37:08 #946981

Please tell us the date of travel, otherwise we cannot tell if there is a temporary problem (for example engineering works on the day you are travelling).

Luzern – Interlaken Ost is normally a direct train every hour throughout the day.

The true original Golden Pass is just the MOB railway line from Zweisimmen to Montreux. The version invented about 25 years ago for (mainly) tourists from non-European countries) covers Luzern – Interlaken and Interlaken – Zweisimmen. Luzern – Interlaken is a separate railway, but Interlaken – Zweisimmen – MOntreux will become a single direct train from December 2022 (instead of two trains connecting at Zweisimmen

mob.ch/line/goldenpassline/?lang=en

Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    16 September 2022 at 10:54:10 #946982

Hi there,

my bad. i am travelling on the 27th of October from lurcene to grindelwald.

How can i add the golden pass line from Luzern – Interlaken in my itinerary?

Anna
    6390 posts
    16 September 2022 at 12:22:03 #946983

Hi Jacky 666,

Due to construction work beginning mid October, all trains between Meiringen and Interlaken Ost will be suspended temporarily. But there will be replacement buses and these changes are already reflected on the timetable.

So you can still travel on the Golden Pass route between Lucerne and Interlaken Ost but the last section will be taken on a bus.

Regards,

Anna

Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    16 September 2022 at 13:09:49 #946984

Hi anna,

1)Is it possible to take any train without taking a bus from Lurcene to Interlaken Ost?

2) Understand that the Bus is 1hour ride to Interlaken Ost, Bahnhof. Will there be sufficient seat for 2 paxs or should i prep myself mentally to stand for an hour ride

Regards,

Jacky

Anna
    6390 posts
    16 September 2022 at 14:10:44 #946985

Hi Jacky 666,

I understand your concern.

During service disruptions of normal services, there is usually enough replacement buses to take all passengers to the next stops.

However if you prefer the convenience of trains, you might want to change your route and travel via Olten or Bern instead. So perhaps take a rain from Lucerne to Olten, then Olten to Interlaken Ost. But this route won’t travel along the GoldenPass route.

Regards,

Anna

Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    16 September 2022 at 14:12:16 #946986

Thank you Anna,

Once again you are great help to my travel planning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2022 at 16:33:25 #946987

Actually, as you have already seen, the railway is closed south of Brunig Hasliberg (the summit of the Brunig pass). So the replacement bus will run from Brunig Hasliberg to Interlaken Ost. The road is scenic so you will get just as good views (possibly better as the railway between Brunig Hasliberg and Meiringen is in woodland.

The replacement buses will be very efficiently run – this is Switerland…

Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    16 September 2022 at 16:46:32 #946988

Thank you so much 1960man for your help!

Was slightly confused with all the transit going on. Thanks to you guys i have a better understanding!

Everything is great so far!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2022 at 23:09:47 #946989

Here is a picture I took in 2010 at Brunig Hasliberg. As you can see it is rather a pleasant place to change from trains to bus.

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Grindelwald via Interlaken Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11090 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.