Lucerne to Vichy France by train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2016 at 6:43:39 #809451

hello…. I am travelling to switzerland for 4 days and will be staying at Lucerne…. On 26th june i want to go to vichy, France for some work….. Can you please guide me with the cheapest means of transport for the same… I have t reach vichy by maximum 6.30 pm .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 June 2016 at 7:14:03 #853115

Hi Dhruvi,

You can find train schedules in the timetable. Please find tickets and prices here. You may only need a ticket from the border (Basel or Geneva) to Vichy, but that depends on whether or not you will have a rail pass for your other days in Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2016 at 11:28:54 #853116

I have a Swiss travel pass from 23rd June to 25th june ( 3 day pass)

I want to go lucerne to vichy on 26th June….Could you please tell me which is the best route that i should select for my train…?????

I am really confused 🙁

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 June 2016 at 12:16:13 #853117

Hi Dhruvi,

In that case you will need a ticket for the entire route. Please see the second link in my previous post. The retailers listed there will show you the routes and prices. You just need to enter Lucerne to Vichy and your travel date/time, e.g. in http://www.raileurope.co.in/t rain/tgv-lyria, which is your local retailer.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 June 2016 at 18:14:05 #853118

Please look at the timetable linked above. It will show you the best route or routes. It chooses the fastest routes.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Vichy France by train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.