Lugano to Innsbruck via Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 20:13:33 #816448

We are staying 2 nights in Lugano and want to take Bernina Express to Chur. Should we stay a night in Chur then on to Innsbruck? I’m not certain how long the Bernina takes to Chur. Also, I received my Swiss Travel Pass via email and it is large. Can I laminate it and downsize it for travel and use?

Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 June 2018 at 22:36:56 #887386

Innsbruck is at least another 3 hours from Chur. The BEX does not reach Chur until 18:20. Refer to timetable at http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 0:05:08 #887387

You arrive in Chur at 18.20 if you leave Lugano on the bus at 10.00.

There are ways to reach Chur earlier – going via Monza, but I don’t recommend doing that then trying to get to Innsburck – it would be exhausting!

One other alternative is to follow the valley of the river Inn all the way from Samedan to Innsbruck, in other words take the bus Lugano – Tirano. Take the train Tirano – Pontresina, take another train Pontresina – Scuol Tarasp ( a very nice scenic line). Take the bus Scuol Tarasp – Martina, change to another bus at Martina to cross into Austria and go down to Landeck thence Innsbruck

To explain the above a bit, The river Inn rises above St Moritz, is the ‘Enn’ in that area (hence the term Engadine for the Swiss valley), and Innsbruck means ‘bridge over the Inn’

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 5:26:43 #887388

Hi Sporty56,

Laminating hasn’t been an issue for other members. I wouldn’t downsize it though. I do believe some people fold it in half before laminating – just be sure not to fold over anything important. The most important thing is to keep the bar code clear.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 10:56:31 #887389

Thank you all for your assistance. Most helpful.

• The thread ‘Lugano to Innsbruck via Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.