Luggage storage costs at Zurich & Montreux station

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sumitsg79
sumitsg79
24 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 8:55 PM

Hi,

I need some information on luggage storage costs at stations (Zurich, Montreux to be specific). I checked the SBB website and the rate mentioned there was 1.19CHF/minute, which is quite steep if luggage is kept for two-three hours. Can anybody confirm if my interpretation is correct or is there any other rate applicable? Thanks a lot

Sumit

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 1:23 AM in reply to sumitsg79

Hi Sumit,

That's not a rate for storage, it's the rate to make a telephone call to the number provided.

For some incomprehensible reason, information about luggage lockers has been removed from the SBB website.

There are luggage lockers at Zürich Hauptbahnhof (main station). They are below the main concourse - go down the escalator. There are also luggage lockers at Montreux.

The lockers are different sizes, with the larger ones costing more than the smaller ones. You could typically expect to pay between CHF 6-10 per 24 hour period. Make sure to have some coins handy.

Alpenrose

sumitsg79
sumitsg79
24 posts
Apr 25, 2018 - 12:36 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply and clarification. That was quite helpful; otherwise I would still be under the (hilarious) impression that the rate i mentioned was the luggage storage cost.

Sumit

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 26, 2018 - 7:28 AM in reply to sumitsg79

>> Thanks a lot for the reply and clarification.

You're welcome :-)

>> otherwise I would still be under the (hilarious) impression that the rate i mentioned was the luggage storage cost.

Well, Switzerland is expensive, but not quite that expensive ;-)

You're not the first one in this forum to think that was the rate for storage!

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018