Luggage storage costs at Zurich & Montreux station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 20:55:03 #815486

Hi,

I need some information on luggage storage costs at stations (Zurich, Montreux to be specific). I checked the SBB website and the rate mentioned there was 1.19CHF/minute, which is quite steep if luggage is kept for two-three hours. Can anybody confirm if my interpretation is correct or is there any other rate applicable? Thanks a lot

Sumit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 1:23:28 #883001

Hi Sumit,

That’s not a rate for storage, it’s the rate to make a telephone call to the number provided.

For some incomprehensible reason, information about luggage lockers has been removed from the SBB website.

There are luggage lockers at Zürich Hauptbahnhof (main station). They are below the main concourse – go down the escalator. There are also luggage lockers at Montreux.

The lockers are different sizes, with the larger ones costing more than the smaller ones. You could typically expect to pay between CHF 6-10 per 24 hour period. Make sure to have some coins handy.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2018 at 12:36:31 #883002

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply and clarification. That was quite helpful; otherwise I would still be under the (hilarious) impression that the rate i mentioned was the luggage storage cost.

Sumit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 7:28:20 #883003

>> Thanks a lot for the reply and clarification.

You’re welcome 🙂

>> otherwise I would still be under the (hilarious) impression that the rate i mentioned was the luggage storage cost.

Well, Switzerland is expensive, but not quite that expensive 😉

You’re not the first one in this forum to think that was the rate for storage!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Luggage storage costs at Zurich & Montreux station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.