Luggage transport – Paris to Interlaken West

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2012 at 13:50:23 #804980

ear All,
    Hope all is well! Just wanted to get some suggestions, especially on the transportation of my luggage from Paris to Interlaken West.Our train journey from Paris to Interlaken West is as follows:
    a. Paris (Gare de Lyon station) to Bellegarde by TGV train.
    b. Bellegarde to Geneva (TER)
    c. Geneva to Bern (IR)
    d. Bern to Interlaken West (ICE)
    We are travelling on March 31 (Saturday). Looking at three different transfers here, its going to be hectic as i am travelling with family including my parents and kid and i am looking at luggage services being offered.
    Looking at the site http://help.tgv-europe.com/en/services/transport-luggage, i see that we have an option like “Travel light with SNCF’s “bagages à domicile”, our door-to-door luggage service”.
    Does anyone know of how is the service and how can i book for it? Also, approximately the cost is something i need to know. I am in India currently. The Boutique shops are in Belgium, Italy and other european counteries only. So, i dont see a way to contact them as only physical addresses are given in TGV website.
    Can anyone please give some suggestions? Thanks a lot!
    Regards
    Gautam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 March 2012 at 2:07:41 #835068

Hello Gautam,

It looks like you can arrange for that service at any larger railway station in France: “From a customer sales agent at a station, SNCF shop or approved travel agency in France”. So you could do so in Paris.

• The thread ‘Luggage transport – Paris to Interlaken West’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.