Lauterbrunnen parking, is it free or priced?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 8:08:11 #809631

Hello,

I’ll arrive at Zurich airport and then driving to Wengen. I would ask about Luterbrunnen Parking, is it free or priced?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 10:43:47 #853916

I think: Lauterbrunnen ?

Sorry, nothing is for free in Switserland. It is about Chf 14,00 / Euro 13,00 a day.

You can see it on this site: http://www.jungfrau.ch/touris mus/reiseinfos/parken/ parkhaus/parkgebuehren /

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 July 2016 at 6:55:33 #853917

Hi Jusephine, from your question about Lauterbrunnen, I suspect yhat you already know this, but you cannot drive to Wengen. Cars are not permitted there.

As Brahms noted, there are not many things that are free in Switzerland (that is, paid for completely by the taxpayers) but the scenery is. You just have to get to where you can see it. 😉

By the way, plan on 40 or 50 CHF for 24 hours of parking in garages in cities such as Luzern or Zürich.

For environmental and economic reasons, cities such as Zürich discourage driving.

There, and throughout the whole country, public transport is often a better alternative.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen parking, is it free or priced?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.