Luzern station lockers availability in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 0:30:37 #812384

We have a big suitcase and a hand carry. we are staying in Luzern for one night on 9th July, have plan for city tour, mount rigi and titlis for two days, hotel check in and check out timmings does not suit us. As we want to come early morning from Zurich to luzern and utilize first day with chapel bridge and mount rigi, staying at night in IBIS kriens and next morning want to do mt titlis, evening leaving for interlaken.

we want to store our luggage in the lockers at luzern station. want to know if they are readily available to use. In summer peak time , can we get a locker at about 10 o clock in both mornings . what are possibilities? charges for locker?

hotel refused early check in and other dates are too expensive to book a hotel in luzern. Any suggestions

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 3:51:37 #865671

Hi Iffat,

There are luggage lockers adjacent to platforms 3 and 15 as follows (size in centimetres):

small – 24.8 x 42.0 x 75.0; cost: CHF 6; number of lockers: 147

medium – 31.7 x 61.5 x 75.0; cost: CHF 7; number of lockers: 144

large – 44.7 x 61.5 x 88.0; cost: CHF 9; number of lockers: 24

I don’t know how likely it is that you will find an empty one when you need it.

Even when hotels don’t permit early check-in (because your room is probably still occupied by someone else and/or needs to be cleaned), they will usually agree to store your luggage for you.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 10:07:40 #865672

Thanks for all the information provided. One more question about Lockers availability in Engelburg and Zurich airport train station. The train to Engelberg is covered by Swiss travel pass or not . Map showing a dotted line there .

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 June 2017 at 13:45:39 #865673

Hi Iffat-

The location of the lockers at Luzern is shown on this map by tracks 3 and 15:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-luzern-plakat.pdf

You may find the information about any station by looking up the station on the SBB web site, after you select :”Station and Services from the tabs on the home page.

Click on : Find out more” on the red label “Find Your Station”

Enter Zurich in “Find Station” and choose “Zurich HB” (HauptBahnhof = main station)

You will usually get a map, if the station is large enough. A *.PDF is available for download ( on the right).

Scroll down to Equipment and Mobility at the Station.

Click on the “+” sign at the right, and scroll down to Lockers.

There are 915 lockers at Zürich main station.

This approach will work for all stations….if no lockers are listed, there aren’t any.

At smaller stations, there may be few or no lockers, but there is usualy a Baggage Office or left-luggage Office. They will hold your bags for a fee. They usually are not open late; if you use them, checkthe times carefully.

Slowpoke

PS- I let the rail pass experts ( Arno and Annika) handle the questions about rail passes. They know everything ;-).

I only know what is on the links in this forum, which you have already checked.

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 June 2017 at 13:53:36 #865674

Hi Alpenrose –

I wonder what happened to track #1? It does not show on the map.

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-luzern-plakat.pdf

I always thought that last track was number “1” and the lockers are near it, but quite a long walk out along the platform..

The map clearly showslockers by 3 and 15.

Hmmnnn…last time I was there in May, I saw a lot more lockers than a couple of years ago. And, I think that they might have been nearer to the railhead. Perhaps they moved them, just to confuse me. Or, to add more…..

Oh well… the map makes sense

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 June 2017 at 15:32:35 #865675

Hi Iffat,

Well, the dots in that red line on the Swiss Travel Pass map are actually dashes and only indicate a tunnel. It is free. As far as I know there are no lockers in Engelberg but there is a staffed desk to store luggage.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 16:33:15 #865676

Thank you very much for all the useful hints. I hope we will get lockers there

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2017 at 13:58:49 #865677

>> I wonder what happened to track #1? It does not show on the map. … I always thought that last track was number “1” and the lockers are near it, but quite a long walk out along the platform….. The map clearly showslockers by 3 and 15.

Platform 1 must have disappeared at some stage, as the only platforms now are #2 to #15. Apparently the station was rebuilt in the early 90s. Perhaps they reclaimed track 1 for other uses.

It’s certainly handy to have some lockers over by platform 15 as well. If you are using the lockers before heading to Interlaken, as I have done, those near platform 15 are closer to platform 12, from where the Luzern-Interlaken Express departs. That’s handy if you are cutting it fine in terms of retrieving your luggage and catching the train!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Luzern station lockers availability in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.