Magnificent trip to Jungfrau and Matterhorn

Magnificent trip to Jungfrau and Matterhorn

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tritia
tritia
9 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 1:16 PM

I have been to Jungfrau and Matterhorn on the beginning of June. The journey was fantastic! I was served by the great view of the nature.

I stayed in Wengen. It was a very good village with lots of tourists. It was higher than Lauterbrunnen, so the view is more amazing from up there. The weather was perfect when I was up on Jungfrau. A tip for travellers, climb up to Jungfrau with the early morning train so it doesn't get too crowded and the weather will still be clear.

The Matterhorn itself didn't show up because of bad weather. I stayed in Täsch which was only around 30 minutes to Zermatt and than I climbed up to Gornergrat with the train. I had to wait around 3 hours for the fog to went away. After the fog went away I saw the great snowy mountains!! That was AMAZING! Even though it was not the Matterhorn itself but I was still able to make a great photoshoot.

Next time I will come back again to shoot the Matterhorn.

It was such a wonderful experience!

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2017 - 2:32 PM

Thanks a lot for your trip report Tritia! I'm glad to hear you had an amazing time despite the fact that the Matterhorn did not show itself. Which hotel in Täsch did you stay in?

tritia
tritia
9 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 2:36 PM

Hi Arno

I stayed in Alpen Hotel in Täsch. Nice hotel with good price :)

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2017 - 2:39 PM in reply to tritia

Thanks, good to hear that. It's just across the train station so that was convenient!

Last modified on Jun 25, 2017 - 2:39 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018