Magnificent trip to Jungfrau and Matterhorn

• tritia
    Participant
    9 posts
    25 June 2017 at 13:16:51 #812405

I have been to Jungfrau and Matterhorn on the beginning of June. The journey was fantastic! I was served by the great view of the nature.

I stayed in Wengen. It was a very good village with lots of tourists. It was higher than Lauterbrunnen, so the view is more amazing from up there. The weather was perfect when I was up on Jungfrau. A tip for travellers, climb up to Jungfrau with the early morning train so it doesn’t get too crowded and the weather will still be clear.

The Matterhorn itself didn’t show up because of bad weather. I stayed in Täsch which was only around 30 minutes to Zermatt and than I climbed up to Gornergrat with the train. I had to wait around 3 hours for the fog to went away. After the fog went away I saw the great snowy mountains!! That was AMAZING! Even though it was not the Matterhorn itself but I was still able to make a great photoshoot.

Next time I will come back again to shoot the Matterhorn.

It was such a wonderful experience!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2017 at 14:32:03 #865757

Thanks a lot for your trip report Tritia! I’m glad to hear you had an amazing time despite the fact that the Matterhorn did not show itself. Which hotel in Täsch did you stay in?

tritia
    Participant
    9 posts
    25 June 2017 at 14:36:11 #865758

Hi Arno

I stayed in Alpen Hotel in Täsch. Nice hotel with good price 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2017 at 14:39:14 #865759

Thanks, good to hear that. It’s just across the train station so that was convenient!

• The thread ‘Magnificent trip to Jungfrau and Matterhorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.