Malpensa to Montreux with Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2014 at 2:21:30 #806561

We will be traveling from the Malpensa Airport to Montreux. Our itinerary is Malpensa to the Domodossola station to Brig to Montreux. We purchased the Swiss Pass and I wasn’t sure at what stage of the trip they would be valid. We will already have our passes with us and wanted to know when we should stop buying tickets. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2014 at 6:20:07 #840794

Hello SaraLee,

Your Swiss Pass includes free traveling from Domodossola, so you only need a ticket from Malpensa to Domodossola. If you download the map you can see exactly where the pass is valid.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2014 at 13:12:13 #840795

Thanks! We’re going to need to validate our swiss pass too. Do we do that at the Domodossola station or can we have it validated while on the train from Domodossola to Brig?

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2014 at 15:47:30 #840796

Hi SaraLee,

You can have it done on the train, but I recommend to look for the conductor as soon as you have boarded and not wait for him/her to pass by. That’s because this leg is included in your Swiss Pass, but technically it’s only a valid travel document until it has been validated.

If you have plenty of time you can try it at the ticket office in Domodossola, but I don’t think they can validate passes there so don’t miss your connection while trying!

• The thread ‘Malpensa to Montreux with Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.