Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Status of cable car Männlichen-Grindelwald

Status of cable car Männlichen-Grindelwald

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Are2
Are2
41 posts
Aug 3, 2019 - 5:13 PM

Hello.

I suspect this questions has been answered before, but, is there a projected date for the cable car between Grindelwald and Mannlichen to operational? I believe I've read that it would be before the end of the year, but is there a known date?

Also, In regard to the work being done, is it a repair of the existing line or is there a new line being built?

And lastly, in regard to the above mentioned cable car, is there any speculation on whether the pricing will change or remain the same for 2020 and will the coverages for the various travel passes remain the same for 2020?

My apologies if this topic has been covered previously.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Aug 3, 2019 - 9:12 PM in reply to Are2

For changes to Swiss Travel System passes in 2020 see bit.ly/33aiBz0.

For Männlichen to Grindelwald cable way see v-bahn.jungfrau.ch/en/. The 1st stage of the V-Bahn (Männlichen to Grindelwald) is schedule to be operational mid December 2019.

Last modified on Aug 3, 2019 - 9:14 PM by rockoyster
Annika
Annika
6317 posts
expert &
Aug 4, 2019 - 7:02 AM in reply to Are2

Hi Are2! The Swiss Travel System passes' coverage for the Männlichen cable cars is expected not to change in 2020. For regional passes, we don't know yet. The changes we're currently aware of, are listed at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/overview-of-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2020. Prices may go up a bit, but we'll have to wait until the 2020 price list is published (www.maennlichen.ch/en/ summer/information/far e-prices-from-grindelwald.html).

Last modified on Jun 28, 2020 - 2:22 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020