Aug 11, 2012 - 11:39 AM
Answers to some of your questions:
1. Camping is typically only allowed in designated campgrounds. Most all land is privately owned therefore you can't just put your tent down anywhere.
2. Depends entirely on the hut, but usually no showers. Some don't even have electricity.
3. Usually, yes.
4. Usually not
5. Not in huts. Sometimes small villages have an internet cafe or, more often, a tourist office or bar where you can get internet access for a fee.
6. Mostly yes, sometimes not in remote huts
7. Routes in German-speaking part of Switzerland are well-marked. Not so well-marked in French-speaking part of the country. You can buy topo maps in all small villages
8. CHF, particularly in remote areas. For those that do take Euros you will get a very unfavorable exchange rate and always get change in CHF. Also, they will only take bills, not coins.