Matterhorn Glacier Paradise with Swiss Rail Pass

Matterhorn Glacier Paradise with Swiss Rail Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sirles
sirles
42 posts
Jan 12, 2017 - 12:12 AM

Wow just looked at the prices for Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Adults at 99 CHF. Is there a discount for Swiss Rail Pass holders and will be open during February?

Thanks

Les

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jan 12, 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hi Les,

I'm not sure which exact pass you mean (probably the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?), but you'll find discounts for the various passes on the Klein Matterhorn page: myswissalps.com/ kleinmatterhorn/ tickets. Klein Matterhorn is the name of the peak you'll be going to, and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is what they often call it in the tourist industry.

Have fun!

Last modified on Jan 12, 2017 - 10:54 AM by Arno
sirles
sirles
42 posts
Jan 12, 2017 - 11:36 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm that the Matterhorn gornergrat, cable car and the Glacier Paradise (sculptures) is all in one package or am i confusing myself?

Whilst we are up there, we want to hike down from a place called Sunnegga. How do we do this?

We have a Swiss travel pass.

Thanks Arno

Regards

Les

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jan 12, 2017 - 11:43 AM in reply to sirles

Hi Les,

Gornergrat is separate. It is a cogwheel train to a different place than Klein Matterhorn. Sunnegga is yet another location and can be reached easily by the taking the funicular from Zermatt

All locations can be reached with different modes of transport, which all depart from the village of Zermatt. It's all walking distance and there are signs so you won't have a problem finding your way.

sirles
sirles
42 posts
Jan 12, 2017 - 4:49 PM in reply to Arno

Thank Arno.

Is it possible to go up to the top of Gornegrat Bahn and hike across to the Klein Matterhorn Paradise and then come down via cable car or vice versa?

In your opinion, which of the two has the best views?

Thanks

Les

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jan 12, 2017 - 8:30 PM in reply to sirles

Hi Les,

You will have to travel via the village, hiking is not an option. I like Gornergrat slightly better than Klein Matterhorn.

Last modified on Jan 12, 2017 - 8:30 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018