Going to the Matterhorn from Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2016 at 21:29:35 #809004

Hello: I am staying in Lauterbrunnen next month and my family and I would like to see the Matterhorn. I have a few questions I am hoping you can answer.

1. Best train route there? And any additional information about connecting cable cars, buses, etc..

2. We were thinking of doing Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, is this something I need to book in advance (stay is from May 13 – 20)?

Any other tips or advice would be helpful! Thank you for your time.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 April 2016 at 6:22:24 #851184

Hi SBrom,

The quickest route to get to Zermatt, using quite a long train tunnel, will automatically be displayed by the timetable. If you’re looking for a more scenic alternative, I’d recommend Spiez-Kandersteg-Goppenstein instead, as this is a route in the mountain with great views. If you add these as via-stations in the timetable, you’ll get to see all possible connections.

You don’t have to book tickets for Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise in advance; you can just buy them at the spot.

• The thread ‘Going to the Matterhorn from Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.