May: Kloten 1 night upon arrival & departure

• Coni
    Participant
    8 posts
    27 April 2023 at 14:45:27 #829703

Hello,

My husband and I are traveling to Switzerland for two weeks at the end of May. We have an apartment rented in Spiez, but are arriving at the Zurich airport a day earlier than the apartment is available. We are also leaving the apartment a day before our flight back to the US, again from Zurich. We have a hotel booked for both those nights, in Kloten. We would like to take a quick trip of perhaps 3 or 4 hours, from Kloten into Zurich, to see/visit the Old Town area there. Is this a reasonable goal, or is that too short of a time frame to accomplish a Zurich visit or two?

Alternatively, does anyone have suggestions of what to see or do in the town of Kloten? Lastly, should we take either an Uber or Lyft ride from the airport to the hotel, or would a taxi be better? We are completely inexperienced in using bus transportation and will be foggy (not clear headed) after our transatlantic flight. We will also have luggage (2 medium and 2 small pieces) and have no idea if or how we transport that on a bus. So, we’re thinking we should rule that option out (our hotel doesn’t have an airport shuttle).

Thanks so much for your suggestions and help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    27 April 2023 at 15:57:13 #953829

Hello Coni,

Thanks for sharing your plans.

Kloten is not that far from Zurich city. With a direct train, you can be at the main station in 15 minutes. I think you can easily enjoy a few hours in Zurich and be back reasonably. For activity ideas, take a look at the below link. You can research train times via the timetable link too:

Taxi or Uber would be fine to take you to your hotel in Kloten. You are actually very close. Just so you know, the buses to Kloten from Zurich airport are only 9 to 11 minutes, you can research the schedules in the above timetable link.

I hope this helps. Kloten itself is relatively small, there is not too much to do here. It’s fairly residential. That said, there is a rope park or the local swimming pool?

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘May: Kloten 1 night upon arrival & departure’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.