Migros restaurant locations and type of food?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 13:37:54 #812219

Hi forumers,

I kept on reading online that if one were to wish to save some cost on food while travelling in Switzerland, one can visit Migros restaurants which has a wide variety of selection for less than CFH15.

1. Do they have Migros restaurant in a lot of places, specifically around Bernese Oberland?

2. What kind of food can we expect there? I often read people talking about salad, but do they sell other types of food?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 14:31:54 #864930

Hi Rayleigh,

Yes, they are very common in Switzerland. If the Migros in your town doesn’t have the restaurant attached (for sit down eating) there is always food for take-away, such as sandwiches and salads (potato salad, chicken curry salad etc) and sometimes hot food as well.

There is a link here for Migros restaurants and you can enter the mailing postal code to search around the country.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 16:45:07 #864931

Unfortunately Migros does not have an English version for their website. Also, I found out that there are no Migros shops past Interlaken into the Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren region. Only Co-op supermarkets in those towns. I suppose they do are just about the same as Migros.

Beatrix
    Participant
    22 posts
    12 June 2017 at 3:21:08 #864932

Hi,

Don’t know if you are still interested, but Migros takeaway is the best place for tasty food at great prices. They have dishes like rotisserie chicken, pizza, hot pasta dishes, stir fried mixed veggie, besides the salads and pastries. My husband and I survived on their food and we were quite satisfied with the fare and selections.

Cost was about CHF8 for the large portion and for example, we’d get a large portion of the hot pasta dish and a large portion of the mixed veg and that was enough for the both of us. Of course we snacked on the pastries too 😊

I’ve attached two photos showing two different dinners

Beatrix
    Participant
    22 posts
    12 June 2017 at 3:23:54 #864933

Oops sorry, couldn’t add the pics 😔

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 3:32:48 #864934

Hi Beatrix,

So i heard and read too. That was why I was hoping for migros to help cut down my expenses. Unfortunately, there are none in Wengen, Murren and Lauterbrunnen. The nearest would be in Interlaken so unless I stop by Interlaken for lunch everyday, I would have to look for other alternatives to cut my expenses.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 5:42:54 #864935

Coop supermarkets are very similar to Migros – they will work very well for you as well (prices are similar, Migros is maybe a touch cheaper in general 5 to 10% so nothing you would notice on a quick take out meal)

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    15 June 2017 at 5:40:53 #864936

There are COOPs in Grindlewald, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen, and Mürren.

If you click on the following link you will see all the COOP markets in the area, and if you click on “Details” on the right, you will see opening times and also a map showing you exactly where each is located.

http://www.coop.ch/de/service s/standorte-und-oeffnungszeiten.html

Perhaps you would like to try the chicken curry salad (see attached photo) at the COOP. Another healthy choice is the birchermüesli. I will also attach two photos of the “Anna’s Best” brand sold at the Migros. Each time I get to Switzerland, I make a bee-line to a COOP for one of these.

• The thread ‘Migros restaurant locations and type of food?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.