Milan to Grindelwald with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 17:47:35 #815199

Hello all,

I need some advice on travelling to Switzerland from Italy. I bought a Swiss Travel Pass, and now want to travel from Milan to Grindelwald. I booked an unreserved ticket on Trenitalia train from Milan to Domodossola. Do I need to buy another ticket (reserved/unreserved?) from Domodossola to Grindelwald, or is it possible to take any train to go to Grindelwald without purchasing any ticket?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 19:12:55 #881417

If you have a valid Swiss Travel Pass on your date of travel then you don’t need any ticket or reservation for Domodossola to Grindelwald. You can find train schedules for the trip(s) here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 17:52:29 #881418

Thanks a lot Lucas !

That cleared up our confusion : )

Vineetha

• The thread ‘Milan to Grindelwald with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.