Milano – Interlaken with 4 minute change of trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2016 at 3:40:07 #808442

I am planning to travel to Switzerland on July 31st from ITaly.

I see this connection on sbb.ch website.

17:23 – Milano – Brig – 19:16

19:20 – Brig – Spiez – 19:53

20:03 – Speiz – Interlaken ost – 20:28

My question is , is the 4 minutes change of train from Brig to Spiez and 10mts between Spiez – Interlaken ost enough time to switch trains. Also would there be any kind of visa / passport check? I am US citizen and have US passport. I will also have atleast 2 big suitcases with me.

Thanks so much in advance for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 February 2016 at 9:46:54 #848535

Hi eurotravel6,

“Officially”, the changes suggested by the timetable should be doable. 4 minutes is a bit tight, but as far as I can see it’s a simple cross platform change. Passports will be checked on board, not while changing trains. If you miss the train, there’s always a next one.You’re not expected to use one specific train, apart from the one from Milano to Brig for which you probably have seat reservations.

• The thread ‘Milano – Interlaken with 4 minute change of trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.