Misprint in Surname at the Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2016 at 18:04:51 #810457

Hello!

Ordering self-printed swiss pass I have made a little misprint in the surname of my wife – did not print one last letter. No other mistakes – Passport ID, date of birth are correct.

Should I expect any trouble?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 December 2016 at 7:30:44 #857468

Hi IvanP,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The official rule is that all personal data in the passport should match exactly with what’s printed on the pass. While I do not expect one missing letter to be a problem, I still recommend to ask the company you purchased the pass from. They should be able to confirm this or perhaps issue a corrected pass.

Note that the Swiss Pass is an electronic card for Swiss residents, and it cannot be printed at home. The above assumes you have purchased a Swiss Travel Pass.

Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2016 at 7:51:16 #857469

Thank you for your reply!

I bought our passes at sbb.ch, and honestly I don’t think I will manage form Russia to communicate appropriately this problem + get to smb who has the authority to correct and reissue my wife’s pass.

It looks highly unlikely that it will work out eventually. Waste of time.

So very minor misprint, passport number is correct. I will count that it’s obvious for controlling staff to be a “honest mistake” not an attempt of cheating.

• The thread ‘Misprint in Surname at the Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.