Montreux to Rochers-de-Naye: 2 different ways?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Canadarocks
Canadarocks
80 posts
May 2, 2016 - 12:52 AM

Can you get from Montreux to Rochers-de-Naye on two different types of trains? When I go to the sbb-ch site, it shows a route using Regio 3361 (which I believe is a regional train) showing a cost from CHF 17.10 per person.

Yet I know there is a cogwheel train that runs the same route that costs far more than that. We have Swiss Travel Passes that I've read get us 50% off the price of this option.

But I'm confused as to if there is another way (using the Regio train) to get to Rochers-de-Naye from Montreux that perhaps wouldn't cost us anything?

Arno
Arno
12343 posts
expert &
May 2, 2016 - 7:22 AM

Hi Canadarocks,

There's only one railway and one train to Rochers-de-Naye. Please find details here. Swiss Travel Pass holders get part of the ride for free and the remaining part is 50% off, see here. A discounted ticket will cost you CHF 25.80.

Canadarocks
Canadarocks
80 posts
May 2, 2016 - 2:58 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno, I understand now.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019