Montreux to Rochers-de-Naye: 2 different ways?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2016 at 0:52:51 #809072

Can you get from Montreux to Rochers-de-Naye on two different types of trains? When I go to the sbb-ch site, it shows a route using Regio 3361 (which I believe is a regional train) showing a cost from CHF 17.10 per person.

Yet I know there is a cogwheel train that runs the same route that costs far more than that. We have Swiss Travel Passes that I’ve read get us 50% off the price of this option.

But I’m confused as to if there is another way (using the Regio train) to get to Rochers-de-Naye from Montreux that perhaps wouldn’t cost us anything?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 May 2016 at 7:22:44 #851461

Hi Canadarocks,

There’s only one railway and one train to Rochers-de-Naye. Please find details here. Swiss Travel Pass holders get part of the ride for free and the remaining part is 50% off, see here. A discounted ticket will cost you CHF 25.80.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2016 at 14:58:42 #851462

Thanks Arno, I understand now.

• The thread ‘Montreux to Rochers-de-Naye: 2 different ways?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.