Most cost effective way to travel in Zurich

Most cost effective way to travel in Zurich

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Neline
Neline
1 post
Mar 13, 2018 - 10:39 AM

Good day,

Pleases assist me with finding the most cost effective way to travel for my upcoming trip to Switzerland.

My base is Zurich, so I would like to travel easily around Zurich to the main attractions and transfers from the airport to the city will be necessary. I'll only be in Zurich for 2 and a half days.

Then I would like to do one trip to Lucern/Interlaken area. Still deciding how far I want to go.

What would be the best way to travel.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 13, 2018 - 12:36 PM in reply to Neline

Hi Neline, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are a couple options for passes. If you plan on visiting a few museums etc as well as transport you may be interested in the ZurichCard. Otherwise, a simply day pass for Zurich can work well for you.

If you are just in downtown Zurich/Oerlikon you need the 1-2 zone pass (the downtown core counts as 2 zones). If you are going to the airport or Uetliberg you will need a 3 zone day pass. These can all be bought at the ticket machines at the airport (just before you go down to the train stop under the airport) or at any bus/rail stop in Zurich. The fares can be found on the zvv.ch page.

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips around Zurich and the country.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018