Most cost effective way to travel in Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 10:39:58 #814744

Good day,

Pleases assist me with finding the most cost effective way to travel for my upcoming trip to Switzerland.

My base is Zurich, so I would like to travel easily around Zurich to the main attractions and transfers from the airport to the city will be necessary. I’ll only be in Zurich for 2 and a half days.

Then I would like to do one trip to Lucern/Interlaken area. Still deciding how far I want to go.

What would be the best way to travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 12:36:44 #878691

Hi Neline, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are a couple options for passes. If you plan on visiting a few museums etc as well as transport you may be interested in the ZurichCard. Otherwise, a simply day pass for Zurich can work well for you.

If you are just in downtown Zurich/Oerlikon you need the 1-2 zone pass (the downtown core counts as 2 zones). If you are going to the airport or Uetliberg you will need a 3 zone day pass. These can all be bought at the ticket machines at the airport (just before you go down to the train stop under the airport) or at any bus/rail stop in Zurich. The fares can be found on the zvv.ch page.

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips around Zurich and the country.

• The thread ‘Most cost effective way to travel in Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.